Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Flush and Run


I have to be honest, I really am looking forward to being able to use the restroom and then be able to leisurely go about my business and then exit the area. There are 3 stalls in this bathroom, featured is stall 3 (close to the open window and major entry way to all mosquito's). Flushing the toilets here causes the water to come down to the bowl with the force of a Category 5 Hurricane and hence, splashing the user. No flags. If you're adept, you can pull the chord and then plaster yourself against the door as you fumble crazily to get out without sustaining splashes. If you're not, or if you're a 'First Time User' you're sunk. I needn't mention more : )

But I digress, the kids are all doing wonderfully and I have to say this trip has been like no other...time off!! We have no cases scheduled for today or tomorrow and the last case on Monday will be done solely by the Ugandan team with our assist. This is truly our goal, to help them become "self-maintained" and able to do more repairs when Teams are not there.

A few folks are leaving today and tomorrow and that's SAD! We have acquired 2 Brits along our way who have fit in just amazingly well with our Team. Sally and Julie from Great Ormond Street in London have been our Anesthetist and Scrub nurse, respectfully, and we will certainly miss them! Jen and Stephanie are leaving tomorrow with 2 Ugandans in tow. Safe Journey all of you!

I will post more patient pictures from home, the connection here is equal to molasses.
Today a large group of folks went up to Jinja to do the ATV Safari!! It is a great trip (albeit the filthiest I have ever been!) I hope we get some good blogs, and pics.

ok, my last night shift tonight, Ja-Ja is on call, we will have a good night!

-Sister Lynda

No comments: