Thursday, February 4, 2010

On call...

So I've decided to keep up the tradition and blog while on call. I'm starting my post early tonight - hoping that soon after dinner gets here I can make my final round in the ICU, do a little teaching, and get back to the call room. The weather is a little cooler tonight, so I'm hoping to get a good night of sleep... if the OR's from today keep doing as good as they have.

So we're more than halfway through our OR schedule for this trip. Two more cases tommorrow, and one on Monday. The team has been working very hard, with great outcomes...This afternoon's case was perhaps one of the coolest things I have ever seen. A 19 year old with a few months of headache, and recent hemoptysis. She came to have an echo on tuesday - revealing the biggest "goomba" I have ever seen sitting in her atrium. She was scheduled for surgery, and just came back a couple hours ago - awake, polite, and talking. This goes back to what Ahmad commented on yesterday - these children are truly amazing. Yesterday evenings case was walking laps up and down the hall, and the morning one is delined, and in a T-shirt - all less than 24 hours after surgery... and right behind or beside them are 5 CNMC nurses and docs taking digital pics of them- mostly because it's so foriegn to us. But I guess it what makes it all worth it....

Well, good night all. Until next time...

Sonali

No comments: