Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I can't believe I am here again

So this is my second trip to Uganda. I was not all that anxious about coming back... I suppose it was because at least I was coming back to something familiar. How great it was to see friends made on the last trip here. Being just a tad bit obsessive, you can only imagine how day one was for me trying to organize back in the OR. But once we started the first case, all seemed to be better. Today was full, but the kids did well.

It is so exciting to be spending time with my old friend, JoAnn Starr. She is our cardiac surgeon. We were in fellowship together at Seattle Children's ELEVEN years ago. Ugh. Time sure flies.

Pretty tired to this entry is short. Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. This is no vacation. Challenging, but rewarding.

Duane

1 comment:

blazenreba said...

Duane, Thanks for sharing the link to this blog. I'm happy you made it to your destination safely and are already having an impact on the kids. I'm touched. Kudos to all of you. Take care of yourselves while you are helping these children who need you so desperately.
Much love and big hugs from the US!
-Sabrina