Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where's my ASCOM

Call room Mulago style

I just completed my first call night. I have some news for all of you back home. Strangely enough - life goes on without the ASCOM. I actually was able to take call and communicate with the nurses without a pager or a phone - weird. Other random things I discovered last night:


  • I kinda dig blogging, but don't know if I am cool enough to Twitter

  • No ice in the Mulago hospital

  • Colola means cough in Lugandan

  • Malaria preps here come back quicker than RSV swabs

  • blood gas results can take less than 2 minutes

  • Ugandan Mountain Dew is delicious

All is not perfect in Uganda though - I slept (~2 hours) in a top bunk designed for someone 5 feet tall with a mosquito net....no flat screen TV's, and no private bathrooms.


Rollin' on


Klugs

1 comment:

Heart Surgery in Uganda said...

This is so cool!!! Keep posting!
Love,
Your Sista', MO